24. Whole Wheat Tortilla (& chips) Recipe



This is one of my breakfast idea. 3egg white and avocado tortilla.


Tortilla is very easy to make. 3-4 ingredients ,super healthy.
Great for diet.
For my experience I feel that yeast food(such as bread) is hard to digest.

So I turn to eat more tortilla.In Hong Kong is not hard to find the frozen one but they cost expensive than the one I made.

And I can omit the salt and sugar  in my tortilla make it much more healthy.

I love baking. So I enjoy making my own tortilla.

I mix my dough with a fork only!!!! THAT'S ALL YOU NEEDS!

Is healthier, no salt , no sugar and is fun to knead the dough!
You might want some helpers such as kids for rolling out the dough,they can always makes very creative shape,right?Very talented,haha.


I made 2 times this recipe though this week already.
Cos I eat it every single morning to substitute bread.
And also made tortilla chips which is a very healthy snacks.

I made a lot.Refrigerate them and whenever I want to eat.I microwave it for 15 second.
Then I can always have fresh and hot tortilla!!


So here is the recipe!



Whole Wheat Tortilla & Chips Recipe



                             Ingredients:


2cups   Whole Wheat Flour 
(You can use white all purpose flour , gluten free flour etc.)

1/4cup  Oil  (Butter, lard etc. )
I use olive oil for sure!

1/2cup  Water (Luke warm water)

optional:
Pinch of salt 
1/4  Baking Powder  (I prefer add, the tortilla will forms more bubbles and prettier)


1)  Add the flour(and baking powder) to a big bowl, make a hole in the centre of the flour,slowing mix in the oil,water ,(salt)  with a fork and mix until they are just combined. If your dough is too dry.Add more water.  (Mine need about 1/8cup of extra water)

2)  Knead the dough about 5-10mins, the dough should be smooth , soft and not sticky.
3)  Wrap the dough with plastic wrap then place into the fridge , refrigerate for 4 - 24 hours.
          (You can skip this step or let the dough rest for 20 mins if you don't have much patience.)
4)  Divide the dough to 10 -12 part. Roll out the dough by using a rolling pan and a small bowl for getting a nice shape.
      
            (You can let your kids made their own creative shape.It doesn't matter, mine just because I have to take photos.)

5)  Heat up a sauce pan to smoking hot(or till you can see the smokes came out from the pan.)

6)  Cook the tortilla for 30 second each sides.


Tortilla chips 


1)  Cut each tortilla to 6 pieces.

2)  Then bake them at 190C (375F) for 10-20mins or cook them in smoking hot pan for around 1-2mins. Flip them over as needed and cook untill they becomes crispy.
Here is the different of added baking powder or not .


the one without baking powder have less bubble forms.

The added one has more bubbles form and more prettier.



But they all tastes the same!!!



I usually served mine with mashed avocado with some black pepper or Salsa.



Got to count how much you eat when you are on diet.
They taste so good.....that you will not stop eating it.





Hope you will try this recipe out.And  can't wait to share the next healthy recipe!!Stay tuned*





XX







lilymathebeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me On Instagram