Spain 2 / The Hidden Gems

Bed time stories, Secret Getaway
Follow me around in Spain.
Sharing the most interesting hidden gems I found in Spain.
Except the Prado museum,Picasso museum, etc.
With all the address and stories behind





Part 2 / Welcome to my hidden gems suggestion.
Thank you very much for reading the part 2 of my trip to Spain.
Come with me




Sangria
Spain most signature and popular Spanish beverage made with red wine and lots of fresh fruits.
I got influence by my friend who really enjoy sangria and we literally just drink sangria and red wine only during our trip.Give it a try in any restaurants & bars with tapas.




If you are traveling alone then I'll be your friend and tell you some stories.
Order some sangria and continue reading.






I think nowadays people are really good at searching where to go on their vacations and journeys.
I always love to find the most local and hidden places that is not much tourists or people know.

I went to Madrid and Barcelona for few days.
I think I had not play enough in Madrid and I would love to visit there again in the close future.
There's places I have to visit again and places I have not visit yet and I am willing to go next time.

I had already suggest the typical lists of where to go in Madrid and Barcelona in "Part 1".


Click here "Part 1" and it will forward you to the page.


I think is good to spend some time to enjoy the art of Spain.
These tourist points are very famous so you may simply click the name of the places I suggested and it will direct you to the link.








Madrid / 




Sobrino De Botin (Mon-Sun 1pm-4pm/8pm-12pm)

This is the oldest restaurant in the world.The food is nice and you must book a table before or by walk-in possibly need to wait for 1.5 hours...

I think their food is nice, not so much choice but worth for a visit and pictures.





Chocolatería San Ginés (Mon-Sun 24hours)
I am 100% recommend this chocolateria in Madrid.


Why?
1. They open everyday 24 hours.
2. A simple set of Churros is only 4EURO with a very generous serving of delicious thick dark chocolate that no body can easily finish and 6 super long and very fresh churros! Even I personally do not like chocolate but this taste very sweet and bitter at the same time.Is really good especially after your late night drinking time. 
3. The venue is super nice and vintage.
4. At 1am, I still saw quite a lot of local people hanging out here and grab a treat.
5. Is not difficult to find but easy to miss the area especially if you are a bit tipsy...





I do recommend to have a look at downstairs , it feels historical... somewhat feel like I am in some sort of old vintage movie scene but also inside of a very old train(look at the hangers) ,you know what I mean?












Barcelona / 






Poblenou Cemetery (Mon-Sun 8am-6pm)

This is the most exciting yet most strange things I have done during this trip.
Cemetery is a very seriously place. Even when I get into the taxi the driver asked twice if I am really going to cemetery.

I do not recommend people who are scare of these kind of things or places to go.
The reason I choose to go to this cemetery is because there is a lot of famous people who have buried here.

A lot of architect, designers and writers, etc.

First when I found this place I see it as an art.
 This cemetery is cover with beautiful and meaningful sculptures, is like a museum. 

One of their most signature piece of sculpture is called "The Kiss Of Death by Jaume Barba (1930)"
But sadly the venue is very big and we have ran out of time to search for it.









There is one mysterious person have buried here.
Not anyone famous as you can see on TV or magazine!




His name is called El Santet - Francesco Canais Ambro



A humble boy from Barcelona who died at ago 22, victim f tuberculosis.It is said that this young man, who was reputed to have powers of divination, is able to intercede for miracles or favour.

If you want to ask a favour to Francesco, you have to write the wish on a paper, send it though the glass of the gravestone, say a prayer and go down the right side and not look back.

It took me so long for me and my friend to find him from thousand of names there.
But do pick up the little booklet before you go in and look at the information box right at the entrance!
It shows you the direction for all the famous people who buried there and how to get out from this cemetery maze...


A lot of people wrote notes to him.
I personally do not believe that his magic still works now and I heard the "put your notes and go down the right side" from the internet because that maybe a little bit too much of some made up stories. Maybe as well as I have not really hope or pray for anything at all.
But I do think this little trip is super fun.

There is absolutely very very little information from his stories behind.
I really would love to know more about him. If you know anything more about him please share with me down below on the comment box!!

Because of his famous the cemetery needs to clear out the other boxes next to his place for people to put their gifts to him.
And made another hanging rack for people to hang their wish notes.

I do leave a notes telling him that I am happy to know about his stories.

If you ask me weather I feel a little weird for visiting the cemetery.
I would honestly reply you "YES" and  I have not regret going there.

This place is not close to the city centre but I would only suggest you to visit for less than an hour or so,we should respect the people who buried there and not to disturb even the sculptures is very charming.









Gustos (Mon-Fri 9am-12am/Sat-Sun 11.30am-12am)

They have really nice paella!







Walking around in Spain /


If you are good enough you might be able to find where I took these pictures at.
Maybe we even stepping on the same spot on a different day.










 





Will I suggest a long trip or a shot trip to Spain?

Definitely at least a week in Spain.
I still remember the feeling while I am in Madrid.
And all the lovely food and fun things I have seen.



I hope you all enjoyed my new blog theme style ad blog post.
Thank you very much for reading from Part 1-2 of my trip in Spain.


Have a beautiful day everyone!


Summer is going to end very soon.
It also means that I am going to face for another new year ,working season and flying back to Florence very very soon. 

Stay tuned for my next blog. X

lilymathebeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me On Instagram